Friday, February 16, 2007

Monster socks



My basket of odd bits and balls of yarn has been growing again so I decided to create a pair of Monster socks. So far I have some navy of unknown origin for the cuffs and heels with Kroy for the leg and another ball of unknown origin for the gusset. Next will be Kroy in Denim for the foot or as far as it will go.








This is Moda Dea yarn that I bought last year by mistake not realizing that it was acrylic. The color is very pretty and they make great socks as long as you don't need the wool factor for warmth. I tried wearing the other pair I made when we went out to cut wood last weekend and my feet nearly froze.

I've been teaching 2 of my co-workers to knit socks since the first of the year. It's a slow and painful process! I'll have to get pictures of their finished product if and when they ever finish even a first sock. Both are using Kroy yarn, one in a bright turquoise and the other in the Crayon colorway. I hadn't realized how many ways there are to mess up a sock!

No comments: