Saturday, April 23, 2005

Maui Magic


Ok, so I did finish the other Lana Gossa Cool Wool sock but the Misti Alpaca has been sidelined at one sock. I started this new sock from theKnitter SOTM club for April instead. It's called Maui Magic and is made with Meilenweit Cotton. This picture shows what is supposed to be the detail down the back of the sock but I think I'm going to switch this panel to be on the front of my leg.

This picture shows the cabled ribbing pattern on the rest of the sock leg. Not hard to do and a very interesting look. I was worried that the cotton yarn might not have as much stretch to it as needed to stay up but this yarn is 45% cotton, 42% wool and 13% Polyamid so it has a much nicer body than pure cotton. By the way, the color on these photos isn't great, the yarn is a soft mauve color in reality.
 Posted by Hello

2 comments:

heavenlyevil said...

Is that a free pattern? I would love to try that, it looks beautiful and like it could be a lot of fun to knit up.

Deb said...

The pattern is the April SOTM club pattern from theKnitter.com and was created by Adrienne Fong.