Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas Gifts



I've been chugging along on my Christmas knitting and have almost made the deadline. Everything is finished except this pair of neverending, boring grey socks for my daughters boyfriend and I have until December 29th for those so there is still hope.




I made these mittens and socks for my friend and co-worker Pam. She loved the last socks I made her but asked for something brighter next time. I think I managed to fill her request with these ones! She saw me making mitts to donate to the local foodbank and asked if I made them in big sizes. I assured her that I didn't and then made these for her for Christmas. The yarn was something I found in my stash that I bought at the Spinrite outlet store a few years ago. I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy more now. It's called Aspen and has 15% merino wool content and it is sooooo soft. I can just see a really cosy sweater made with it.

2 comments:

Betty Ann said...

I'm so glad I stopped to take a look here. Your socks (and mittens and afghans) are beautiful. So inspiring!

Nikki in Niagara said...

Oh, I love the sock! That's Kroy isn't it?

One thing I *so* miss about living in Ontario is the outlet. I grew up going to Listowel with my mum at least once a month. Brings back fond memories. - Nicola