Saturday, April 21, 2007

Raspberry Swirl


I finished one sock of my SOTM kit called Raspberry Swirl. I like the yarn even though it is a bit heavier than would be comfortable in normal shoes. I think it will work fine in my work shoes. The yarn is Lily Chin's Chelsea and is a combination of 30% merino wool, 35% cotton and 35% acrylic. It doesn't have lot of stretch so I'm hoping that they don't stretch out and get baggy. The pattern is easy to follow but I'm finding it hard on my hands. I'm not sure if it's all the K2tog, knit into the back of the K2tog's or if it's the heavier yarn or maybe a combination of both. Anyway, I work on them a bit each night and then switch back to my scrap socks.

It's kitten season again. I found 3 in the barn that are really cute but the mother is pure evil so if I want to look at them I have to sneak in when she isn't around!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Very pretty socks.

A pure evil cat? Sounds like my little Oscar who was sleeping on the back of the loveseat one minute and sinking her claws into my scalp the next.

Unknown said...

I like the socks too.

About 10 or so years back, my neighbour's cat had kittens and becasue she knew I bred cats, she asked me to go and look. Well that mtoehr cat was like an attack hound! She flew at me all hisses and spit and dug her calws into my thighs. I got the message.