Monday, August 27, 2007

Austemann Step socks



This pair of socks is made with Austermann Step yarn #10 Melba. It has Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil in the yarn which is supposed to last for at least 40 washes. I don't know about the benefits of that but it is a wonderful yarn to work with. It has a very smooth and silky feel and drapes beautifully. It's a thinner yarn so you need a smaller needle to get a good fabric but the socks are nice for wearing in regular shoes. I really enjoyed working with this yarn so I've made it my Christmas gift of choice this year. It's a bit more expensive than some yarns (I paid $15.29CAN for a 100gr ball) but it's worth it to have a nice yarn to work with when you are making multiple pairs of socks. It comes in lots of different colorways as well.

This is our newest granddaughter, Emma. She's 7 months old now and is a very happy baby. It won't be long until she's on the run and ready to go.

2 comments:

Lia Nord said...

I love the Austermann Step, too. I bought a skein of it for about $18 US--so your price Canadian was a good one! I'm making the Eagle's Flight socks in color 09, a combination of browns, blues, greys and white, with blue flecks, and it's going to look like feathers. I love the colors you have!

Geri said...

Hi Deb,

I also love the Austermann Step yarn but I've had problems with breaks in the yarn and pieces inserted wound backwards so the stripes go the wrong way in mid-sock. Grrr. But I LOVE the feel of it. Where do you buy your yarn for $15.29 Cdn? I live in Ontario as well and could see making a trip to your LYS to get some.

You can e-mail me at inglisg@sympatico.ca

Check out my blog at: http://NotJustAboutKnitting.blogspot.com