Saturday, September 03, 2005

Back from vacation


We're back from our vacation and not much sock knitting took place! The weather was great, only a sprinkle of rain overnight on Tuesday from the remnants of Hurricane Katrina. We had our grandaughter, Nyla, with us and she certainly can occupy a lot of time. She loved the beach, digging in the sand and swimming. I thought she might be scared but wasn't at all. I thought the water was freezing but she would just march right in.


We stayed at Pinery Provincial Park near Grand Bend, Ontario. There's nine miles of beautiful sandy beach in the park so we had lots of places to choose from. The water is very shallow with lots of sandbars.


Our campsite was great. Lots of sand in the trailer but nothing a good cleaning with the shop vac didn't fix this morning.


We had to walk across the dunes on a boardwalk to get to the beach. I'm not good on height or distance but these are BIG sand dunes.






I did get most of one sock done in the Blueberry Waffle pattern using Kroy Socks in a color called Fancy Free. I'll post a picture of it when I get done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,
the pics look as you had holidays in a GREAT landscape! That remembers me so much of several vacations on the coast in southern France - long sand beaches, dunes, camping under pine trees... Thanks for evocing all this again as I had similar feelings yesterday evoced by scents (see my blog)...

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,

Just had a chance to check your blog tonight. Nyla is getting toooo big toooo fast. The vacation looked great. Wish we could have met you there at the campground.

The socks are, as usual, wonderful. Love the pastel colored yarn.

Barb H.