Monday, September 26, 2005

Finishing WIP's


I finally picked up my hook again and finished a baby afghan that I started last year. On Thursday my supervisor mentioned that he might be off for a couple of weeks because his wife is expecting a baby any day. Nothing like not mentioning it until the last minute! I had Friday, Saturday, Sunday and today off so I quickly finished the afghan up and ran it into work today hoping that his car would be there. Sure enough it was and I was able to slip into his office and leave it for him.


This pattern comes from Liesure Arts book "mile-a-minute Afghans". It's supposed to be a fullsize afghan but I've adapted it to be shorter for a baby. It also looks nice with brighter colors & a black border to use up scraps.

I started these socks while on vacation last month. I finally finished up the first one and I really like it. The yarn is Kroy in a color called Fancy Free and the pattern is free from the 'net called Blueberry Waffle and the pattern is easy to follow.



This shows the pattern close up. It gives a nice tight fit so the socks stay up.

I was really busy and finished up the other Hot Tamale Ugly Sock and took them to the Post Office this morning so they are on their way to their new home in Newfoundland now. Now I only have about 15 more things to finish up and I'll be ready for some new projects!

4 comments:

Nikki in Niagara said...

The baby blanket is beautiful! and the sock is nice, too. Fancy Free is my favourite of the Kroy colourways.

Ginger said...

I think I need to knit up a pair of the Blueberry Waffles, yours are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Love the blanket! Makes me want to "try" crocheting again.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby blanket. I love your socks. The yarn is yummy and you do lovely work!

Linda