Sunday, February 26, 2006

Back to socks

I finished the 4th lapghan for the nursing home last night and that's about enough crocheting for a bit. I had a basket of granny's daughters that I added onto an afghan I started making with them eons ago. It looks interesting but in order to have lots of color to it you have to have a lot of odds and ends of yarn. I make a few everytime I have some bits leftover but it's still a long term project. It takes longer to join them together than it would to just crochet a few rows on an afghan. You can find out more about Granny's Daughters or Circles of Hope at this link.

So I'm back to finishing up some socks I started about a year ago. They're made with laceweight Baby Alpaca and I decided to do a cable pattern on them so it's pretty slow going. I'm not totally sure about how they will wear after I do get them done but they sure are soft. They were supposed to be for St. Patrick's Day last year and I didn't make it and I doubt I will for this year either!

No comments: