Saturday, February 18, 2006

Nothing much

I haven't accomplished much this week. I started another lapghan, then got sidetracked with making a shawl for my mom. I made her one a couple years ago and apparently it was getting past it's best so she presented me with a bag of yarn on Monday night and asked for a new one. It's made with Bernat Illusions and a big crochet hook but it's a boucle type yarn and it's impossible to work with. The "nubs" catch all the time and won't pull through the loops. It only takes 3 balls and I've just started the 3rd so the end is in site.

I've almost finished the first Moda Dea sock and it looks alright. I'm less impressed with the yarn now since I found a join in the ball and the stripes don't match up after the join. I should have pulled it out and fixed it to match but I was at work and it just didn't seem like an option at the time. So now I either have fraternal socks or I have to make the second one wrong too!

No comments: