Saturday, September 02, 2006

Wicker Basket Socks


I finished this sock this week from my SOTM kit from theKnitter.com made with Wick yarn from KnitOne CrochetToo. It's 53% soy and 47% polypropylene. I wore it around the house a bit to see how it feels because the yarn feels very much like acrylic which I hate. It's supposed to have great "wicking" properties to keep feet dry. It's also a heavier weight yarn so the sock is quite thick. I'm not sure how it's going to feel in my shoe.

Otherwise, I've been continuing to work on my Chain of Hearts tablecloth and we're in the process of installing an outdoor wood furnace so that seems to be taking up a lot of time.

1 comment:

Nikki in Niagara said...

How cool is that? I just blogged about mine today too!! You find it feels like acrylic? I was thinking it kinda felt like cotton. I'm thinking they'll be nice house socks, just hoping they wear well.