Monday, February 19, 2007

Good weekend for socks

I had a good sock weekend. I finished the first pair of scrap socks. The Kroy Denim was enough to finish off the toes so that went well. I finished the first Moda Dea sock and it looks great. Now I'm on to a second pair of socks to use up my scrap collection. I used plain red in an acrylic for the cuff and then Kroy Paintbox and some green wool on a cone for the leg. I decided that I might have enough Kroy if I mixed it with another color but plain stripes would be boring so I'm doing 4 row of stockinette in Paintbox then one row knit, one row purl and one row knit with the green. It makes a really interesting design and doesn't look like a scrap sock. I'll get a picture when it gets a bit further along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed seeing the different Austerman step socks !
The rest of your work is beautiful also. Joyce D from socknitters list