Monday, February 26, 2007

Ridged scrap socks



I am really, really impressed with this sock! I had all these leftover yarns and wanted to make something that didn't look like leftovers stuck together. I used plain red acrylic for the cuffs and heels and Kroy Paintbox with some unknown yarn that I had on a cone in a forest green. The cuff is 2" of K2, P2 ribbing then I repeated 4 rows of plain knitting with one row knit, one row purl and one row knit in the forest green. On the foot I left the sole in plain knitting continuing the stripes but kept the purling on the top side. The colors really bring out the best in each other and the purl rows give some interest to the sock.


My daughter came home last weekend for a belated birthday and to pick up more of her things for her new apartment. She may have just turned 26 but is still not too old to go out and roll in the snow with her niece!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the colors in your sock. I have been thinking of buying some solid color yarn to go with all my veregated sock yarn and use it ALL up. Where did you get your knitting progress bar?

Deb said...

I don't remember where I got the bars. I saw them on someone else's site and googled to find where I could get them. I have it copied into my blog now so I can just change it myself.