Saturday, November 29, 2014

This and that

I totally forgot I even had this blog!  Life has definitely gotten in the way lately.  I started a new job that was very demanding and a lot of computer work so my crafting took a backseat plus working on a computer more at night just wasn't appealing.

Then I lost both of my parents within 3 months of each other.  My dad passed away suddenly while my mother required constant care for 7 months.  I'm an only child so everything fell to me.  Only 3 months after Mom's passing I started not feeling well and found out I had Stage 4 colon cancer!  So now I'm undergoing treatment and have lots of time to craft and be on my iPad.


Project gone wrong!  I've had this yarn forever and thought mybe it would make a am winter cowl. I found a pattern and cast on the stated number of stitches on a circular needle.  It seemed like a lot but I wanted to be able to wrap it.  When I cast off I discovered I have 8 ft of scarf!  It's warm but it's like having an afghan wrapped around your shoulders.  I'm not sure what I'll do with it.


No comments: