Monday, January 30, 2006

New sock kit


I started my new sock kit from theKnitter.com this week. The yarn is called Bollicine Dolly from Cascade and the pattern is Pink Ladder Socks by Nancy Walsh. It's all done with slip stitches so the pattern is very easy and the yarn is lovely to work with. I still have a sock on the needles that I really need to finish up but I couldn't resist just starting this one to see how it would look!




I finished the glowy green lapghan and started this one. The yarn is named Victorian Christmas Ombre but it doesn't look very Christmasy to me! It's interesting how the color pools as I go giving it almost a tartan look.






My freaky frog is still alive. This is the original one that I bought first and he seems to be a survivor. It's grown quite a bit and has decided that attacking the fish is no longer the fun he thought it was. Everyone in the tank seems to have settled in to live together peacefully.

2 comments:

Nikki in Niagara said...

Oh, thanks for the sneak peak of the sock kit! It looks wonderful. I'm in Canada, so don't get mine till the end of the month, it should be arriving any day and now I'm really excited! I'm working on the December Rose pattern now.

Lori said...

I used to have a pair of frogs like yours! I named them Jack and Rose (yes, I *really* liked the movie Titanic), and one of them actually took to me so much I could stick my finger in the water and it'd swim up underneath and let me "pet" him! People didn't believe me until they saw it.
Shortly after I moved they both died. I miss the little guys....
*sniff*