Sunday, January 22, 2006

Paintbox socks

My daughter had a better idea of what to do with the glowy green yarn. My dog blanket turned into a laprobe that I'll give to the local nursing home. A friend of hers volunteers there and said some of the residents are close to blind and like bright colors because they can see them so these blankets should really fit the bill. I thought I had used up about 1/2 of the green yarn and then I found another bag of it in my craft cupboard. I'm starting to think it's some kind of alien lifeform that's reproducing when I'm not looking. I'm sure I didn't start out with that much of it!


I've been working on these socks at work. The yarn is Kroy Sock in Paintbox. It's an interesting color combination and reminds me of autumn more than a paintbox. I brought them home this weekend to finish because I'm getting bored with the color. Seems I've been knitting the same socks for months which actually I have since I only get a few minutes at lunch to work on them.

My freaky frog is still alive and has discovered that he can hide in the plants and jump out on the unsuspecting fish. I'm not sure that the fish are enjoying the game as much as he is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice sock! I haven't seen much variated Kroy, so it is nice to see how it looks knit up. I also see you have a web ring for sock knitters, Socksters? Is it active, are you looking for members to join?

trish
www.randomthreads.com

Deb said...

It's alive but not too much activity with new members. I sort of gave up on it because no one seemed to want to join.