Friday, January 26, 2007

Lots o' Socks

I finished my Kool-Aid dyed socks. The yarn was white Sisu that I dyed with 3 colors of Kool-Aid. I just washed them and the yarn really bloomed nicely.
These socks were from my SOTM kit at theknitter.com. I only have one finished and I just tossed it in with my sock wash to see how it comes out. I like the feel of the yarn, Mega Boots Stretch, and think that these will be a really comfy pair of socks.
Another pair of Kroy Country Jacquards on the way. Knitting 3 pairs for other people has left me with enough yarn to make a pair for myself!

I washed my Clematis Socks and they really turned out very soft. The yarn is Jaggerspun Superlamb and it felt quite stiff when I was knitting it. I really think I should have put some woolly nylon into the heels and toes but by the time I thought of it it was too late. The yarn came from a SOTM kit and didn't have any label so I had no idea what the content was when I started them. I have a lot left over and another ball set aside so I will definitely reinforce the next ones and only wear this pair for good and not in my work shoes.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Your Kool-aid socks are very pretty.

Anonymous said...

I love your socks! The Kool-Aid ones have come out really well.